LOVE NATURE ESSAY COMPETITION
May we introduce ourselves as Quilon Social Service Society registered under Charitable Act in 1960 has been working as a social organization to promote, facilitate and conduct welfare programmes for the uplift of the weaker sections under the Registration No.137/60 of 1960
This is to bring to your knowledge and favourable response thereon, that an essay competition is proposed to be conducted by the Quilon Social Service Society. This competition is to make the young generation aware of the dangers that life faces in this world currently. As everybody knows, life and its survival are solely dependent on nature. Nature is now under threat of annihilation. Manís irresponsible interference with natural order is a cause of this threat and a matter of great concern. The way in which man has destroyed the balance of Nature has led to the pollution of the atmosphere, air and water. If such destructive and devilish activities are allowed to go on, life will disappear from the face of the earth. It is this danger that the young generation must think about and act upon. It is to spread this message of caution that the suggested essay competition is conducted. School Principals are requested to persuade their students of standard VIII and onwards to participate in this competition which will enable them to become noble and useful citizens of our country and the world.
The registration process will start on November 10, 2014 and will be closed on December 10, 2014. Last date for the submission of essay will be January 10 , 2015. Results will be declared by the mid of February,2015. First prize for the essay is Rupees one lakh (Rs.100000/-), second prize is Rupees thirty thousand (Rs.30000/-) and third prize is Rupees fifteen thousand (Rs.15000) and Rs.1000/- (thousand) each as consolation prize for 10 students. Registration fee is Rs.2500/- per head which can be paid either as a DD or through net transfer( acc no:0074053000017222,South Indian Bank Kollam, IFSC Code-SIBL0000074)
For any enquiry please contact .
- Fr. Pious Malliar- 09496780638
- Fr. Binu Thomas- 09745379706
- Mrs. Deepa Malikal- 08111937895/ 0474-2797438
Topic: “Defiling Nature Is Defying God”
- Maximum of 5 students from a school can participate in the essay competition
- Registration fee per student is Rs.2500/-
- Registration fee should be sent to QSSS as DD payable at South Indian Bank, Kollam in favour of Director, Quilon Social Service Society via registered post along with student details and school Identity card copy.
- Essay must be your original work
- The essay competition consists of written submission in A4 sheet paper
- Essays are to be delivered within the time limit
- Essays must be sent to QSSS along with the consent letter from the principal/Head of the Institution
- Previously published essays are to be excluded.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay
Length of essay
The essay shall not exceed 500 words.
Scoring of the essay
Following criteria may be used in assessing the documents.
- Content – originality 65%
- Clarity 15%
- Structure 10%
- Overall impression 10%
- The quality of language will be a decisive factor
QSSS will honour each of the winners with cash prizes as specified below
- The winner of the competition Rs.100000/-
- First Runner up of the competition Rs.30000/-
- Second Runner up of the competition Rs.15000/-
- Consolation prices of Rs.1000/- each for 10 students
- All participants will be awarded certificates of participation. The winners will be asked to show their original photo identity card at the time of receiving of the prizes.
Note : Essays incompatible with the above rules and conditions will not be considered.
Participation in the competition implies acceptance of the above terms and conditions.